The muse for Robert Foster’s newest creation is the Indigenous Australian Coolamon – a traditional vessel used by Aboriginal women to carry water, native plants and food, and to cradle their babies. It has been interpreted with a thoroughly modern twist in anodised aluminium and executed with trademark F!NK ingenuity. Each simple, natural form is individually created using high pressure water to produce a smooth sensual piece, and the object is pressed to make the pattern and texture on the surface. Robert has drawn inspiration from aboriginal dot painting, evoking a spine-like appearance and animal tracks along the belly of the vessel. The spirited design stands alone as a striking object, while its functionality makes it a gorgeous solution for modern living.
- Enjoy the new Coolamon as a bread basket, fruit tray or general serving piece
- Available in three styles: Spine, Edge and Track
- Available in three colours: Black, Silver and Red
- Material: Anodised Aluminium
- Dimensions: 10.2in x 14.2in x 2.0in